Student will quickly gain experience, confidence and increase their skill level with both handgun and carbine. Students will leave with a good understanding of shooting fundamentals and how to apply them in a tactical situation.
- Characteristics and maintenance of the pistol
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Drawing the pistol from the holster
- Reloads and malfunctions
- Recoil management
- Characteristics and maintenance of the carbine
- Carbine zero
- Carbine barrel-sight relationship
- Multiple shots
- Multiple targets
- Transition from carbine to pistol
- Shooting positions
- Shooting on the move
- Tactical use of cover
500 pistol rounds per day (1,500 total). 500 carbine rounds per day (1,000 total). 9mm (9x19) is the minimum service caliber for this course.